Updating your furnace, air conditioner, and other energy saving equipment may qualify you for a tax credit!
Energy-Star® is a program of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) designed to save you utility dollars while protecting the environment. For specific information visit the Energy-Star® website.
The Energy-Star® program has also made it possible for you to receive tax benefits for installing qualifying energy efficient HVAC equipment. The following links can help you navigate these potential tax benefits:
- Federal Tax Credit information
- American Standard's list of qualified heating and cooling products
- Get IRS Tax form 5695
- Obtain a Manufacturer's Certification Statement
- From American Standard
- From the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute
Twin Cities Air recommends:
- Always save your receipts!
- Working with your tax advisor to make sure you get every deduction to which you are entitled.